Friday, October 8, 2010

My Story

In early April of 2010 I began noticing a soreness and throbbing on the back of my neck around the C6/C7 vertebrae area.  While in the grocery store a pulsating electrical current shot out of my neck and briefly paralyzed  half of my body.  This occurred again 3 days later.  A shortwhile after this I was struck ill with a mysterious flu-like condition that rendered me very confused, nauseas, and with difficulty breathing.  When I woke up the next morning I could barely gain control of my muscles enough to walk.  When I did finally stand up I could barely maintain my balance and felt constantly wobbly.  This continued for weeks.  My neck and chest muscles were tight and I was coughing up yellowish sputum.  I felt overall sick, weak and confused.  I tried various things and noticed that when I took an over the counter anti-histamine my condition improved a little bit...although by not much.  I was sensitive to light, my eyes were bloodshot and my muscles were very weak and I couldn't stand for very long before I had to sit down again.  Approximately 2 weeks after the onset of this illness I noticed these "blood spots" growing in the middle of my fingernails that expanded outwards and eventually turned into a gold, flaky crust on the inside of my nails.  Some nails became bent and crooked and had deep open "pits" in them.  To this day, 6 months later, my nails are still the same and new blood spots grow out on occasion.  5 out of my 10 fingers are affected.  Update:  The nails tested positive for Aspergillus Niger by Lab Corp August 2010

Update:  Travelling to Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment